Michael P. Bist
Mr. Bist’s practice involves primarily business transactions and commercial litigation for a variety of business clients: representing individuals, entities and organization, including formation, alteration, mergers and contract issues; as well as general business and corporate law assistance and advice for businesses, banks, and commercial lenders; employment advice and litigation primarily on behalf of employers, relating to hiring, firing, evaluations, handbooks and policy development, and claims of discrimination, harassment and other workplace issues; and, construction contracting and litigation.
In conjunction with his law practice, Mr. Bist has provided, and continues to provide, consulting services on liability and employment issues and has conducted numerous seminars on employer liability. He also serves as general counsel for various businesses and non-profit corporations. For ten years he served as a member and legal counsel for the Florida Department of Corrections, Jail Management Committee, where he was involved in rulemaking, policy issues and acted as liaison with local governments.
Mr. Bist was on active duty as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corp from 1980 to 1983, where he served as trial counsel in the Military Justice Section; was an Assistant Attorney General with the State of Florida from 1983 to 1984; and from 1985 to 1994, he also was a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida.
Mr. Bist is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, as a preeminent attorney.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nova Southeastern Law School, J.D., 1980
– Recipient, Moot Court Oral Argument Award
- Catawba College, B.A., with honors, Business and History, 1977
– Recipient, Whitener Award (outstanding scholarship, leadership and athletics)
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section and Employment Law Section
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Former-Chair, The Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Second Judicial Circuit
- Leadership Tallahassee Graduate – Class VII
- Former Board Member, Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Board of Tallahassee Friends of our Parks Foundation, Inc.
- Past-President, McBride Estates Homeowners’ Association
- Former Board Member, Chair Bylaws Committee, Leon Foundation