Charles R. Gardner
Charles R. Gardner was a founding shareholder of the firm and his primary practice area is real property law with an emphasis on commercial real estate transactions, land use and zoning, real estate development, and condemnation (eminent domain).
Mr. Gardner has litigated real property matters in the Florida circuit courts in over half the counties in the state and has handled appeals of several cases of first impression in each of the Florida District Courts of Appeal and in the Supreme Court of Florida. For several years, he prepared and advocated amicus curiae briefs on real property issues on behalf of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section of The Florida Bar in those appellate courts.
Mr. Gardner has lectured at numerous continuing legal education programs in various areas of real property law including the Real Property Certification Review Courses, the Florida Conference of Circuit Judges, and the Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund Seminar. He was been appointed by a former Governor and by a former Attorney General of the State of Florida to serve on task forces and study commissions related to the law of state land acquisition and eminent domain, and caveat emptor.
Mr. Gardner has served on the boards of directors of several community organizations including the Ronald McDonald House Charities, Seminole Boosters, Synovus Trust Company of Florida, and The Devoe L. Moore Center at The Florida State University, and has been a bank director for more than 35 years.
Mr. Gardner is an approved title insurance agent for First American Title Insurance Company and Attorneys’ Title Fund Services, LLC.
- The Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 1973
- The Florida State University, B.A., History, 1971
- Emory University, 1967-1969
- Florida, 1974
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Co-Author: “Florida Eminent Domain Practice and Procedure”, Third Edition.
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section and Environmental and Land Use Section
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Former Member, Executive Counsel, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Former Member of the Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar
- Past-Co-Chairman, Committee on Marketable Record Title Act, Public and Sovereign Lands
- Past-Chairman, Real Property Amicus Curiae Committee
- Past-Chairman, Second Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Former Member, Eminent Domain Committee
- Former Member, Committee on Uniform Title Standards