Garvin B. Bowden
Mr. Bowden is a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney whose practice focuses primarily on Real Estate transactions and closings, including the purchase, sale, and financing of residential, commercial, and acreage property. Mr. Bowden regularly acts as closing agent and title insurance agent for real estate transactions across the state of Florida, as well as acting as lender’s counsel, buyer’s counsel and seller’s counsel. A large part of Mr. Bowden’s transactional practice is dedicated to the representation of banks and other financial institutions in connection with commercial and residential mortgage lending.
Mr. Bowden’s Land Use practice has included representation of developers in both residential and commercial real estate development, including protection of development rights, site plan review and approval, plat review and approval, subdivisions, variances, code enforcement, and ad valorem real property tax assessment issues.
Mr. Bowden also regularly represents Florida homeowners’ associations on a variety of issues, including covenant drafting, amendment and enforcement, corporate formation, collection of delinquent assessments, and transfer of developer’s control.
Mr. Bowden also has extensive experience in the representation of banks and other financial institutions in connection with commercial and residential mortgage litigation, mortgage foreclosures, problem loan workouts, acquisition and disposition of REO assets, and mortgage creditors’ claims in United States Bankruptcy Court. Mr. Bowden’s Real Estate litigation practice has also included property partition actions, lawsuits involving easement rights, landlord/tenant cases, ejectment proceedings, escrow fund interpleaders, and actions to quiet title under tax deeds or otherwise.
Furthermore, Mr. Bowden has extensive experience representing individuals and entities in Professional Licensing matters before numerous Florida professional regulatory and licensing boards, including the Board of Accountancy, the Board of Architecture and Interior Design, the Board of Funeral, Cemetery & Consumer Services, the Board of Professional Engineers, the Electrical Contractors Board and the Construction Industry Licensing Board. The scope of such representation has included disciplinary cases, licensing applications, administrative review hearings, and judicial appeals.
Mr. Bowden currently serves as an Attorney Special Magistrate for the Leon County Value Adjustment Board. In such capacity, Mr. Bowden hears cases on ad valorem property tax exemptions, classifications, portability assessment difference transfers, and changes of ownership.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1998
– Ralph Harris Ferrell Competition Award for excellence in trial competition
– William F. Blews award for outstanding pro bono service
– Member, Mock Trial Board
– Member, Mock Trial Team
- The Florida State University, B.A., History, 1993
- Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, Certified Real Estate Attorney
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, September 2016
- The Florida Bar, Administrative Law Section and Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Past-President, Young Lawyers Section of the Tallahassee Bar Association
- Former Member, Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
- Former Assistant State Attorney, Second Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Former Board Member, Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar Association
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association