Our attorneys have decades of experience assisting clients throughout Florida with complex environmental legal issues. Among other things, the environmental law attorneys of Gardner Bist have successfully:
- Resolved enforcement cases for alleged violations of environmental laws.
- Advocated for the adoption of new and amended rules by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Litigated in formal administrative hearings concerning the issuance of environmental permits.
- Assisted clients with permitting and litigation regarding coastal projects.
- Advised utilities with respect to traditional and alternative water supply project development, permitting, funding and agreements.
- Performed due diligence investigations in support of real estate transactions.
- Guided mortgage lenders in the securitization and acquisition of real property carrying potential violations of environmental laws.
- Negotiated the terms of site cleanups involving contaminated soil and groundwater, including sites affected by petroleum products.
- Helped businesses navigate environmental resource permitting for new projects and expansions of existing projects.
- Counseled large facility clients regarding permitting, permit compliance and permit enforcement.
For more information on this area of our legal practice, contact any one of the Environmental Practice Group members: